16.7.07

Beautiful makes in paper and fabric


I created these items a few years ago. The decoupaged box is made of papier mache with Victorian-style decorations, cut from pretty wrapping paper.

The stationery box is made of papier mache with flower motifs decoupaged on its sides, top and three drawers. I cut the floral images from a pretty paper bag.

The tote is made from turquoise upholstery material with inserts of Chinese silk and vintage gold buttons from the swinging Sixties. Gold sequins create a glittering border for the inserts.

I'm still pondering what to make to sell online and considering that I have to post my items, the best option is to stick to fabric. Papier mache creations are fragile, time consuming and make your house smell of glue, paint and varnish.
















Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

caraex said...

Hi,

I'm a fellow crafter - currently I'm into jewelry and I also sell on etsy. I've been thinking of getting back into applique - I used to do fabric appliques on clothing. I'm also interested in handmade paper and decoupage. I'm in Texas, USA.

Your boxes are beautiful! I don't know what shipping costs are in the UK, but they have really increased here. So, if you are planning on mailing/shipping your creations you might want to think about something a little smaller.

Best wishes!

caraex
http://www.caraex.etsy.com
http://carasexpressions.blogspot.com